Friday, June 15, 2007

JPJ - Get Cracking First

I’m confused with Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ), besides collecting money for the Government through road tax and summons what else do they do? For pete’s sake why can’t they identify items that aren’t allowed far in advance? Today their enforcement director is saying that these xenon lights are too bright and can obstruct the visibility of other road users. Why can’t they be proactive? Do some research and then make decisions to approve or not all car accessories that were brought to the country. Bila ada orang complain baru nak ambil tindakan. Not professional at all. At the very least they would be in a position to advice manufacturers or car accessory dealers before the products swarm the markets.

Last year I fixed a tinted glass on my Kancil. “Tauke, ini tak gelap sangat ka tauke?’ Ini JPJ sudah lulus ma! Unfortunately, three weeks later JPJ make me removed the shades. I was too embarrassed to tell them that the China man assured me of the approval. The damage was RM180. Now with that xenon lights, JPJ will be cursed by many Malaysian motorists.

No comments: